17 April 2011

April Showers


Morning Fluffers! I thought I'd share the card I made for the new challenge over at:

Get Funky Challenge Blog

This month, Debs has chosen, no, not rainbows, but Spots and Stripes. Simples right? Not for me. I got in a bit of a pickle when the totally brilliant in my head idea, involving red stripes, black spots and some flowers turned out to look totally nafftastic in real life. At which point, Mojo declared a National Bank Holiday and firmly refused to do anything other than shake his coktail glass at me! Humph.

One sleepless night and a lot of holding papers and images together later, I dispatched Very Undersatnding Hubby and Sweets Cheeks off to the soft play centre, with destructions not to return until the hefty packed lunch ran out. And this is what I came up with, evidence of Copic love included!

Don't forget, you need to use a Funky Hand product to play along at Get Funky, but don't worry if you don't have any, as each month, Anice creates a fab freebie.

I'm going to enter this card at:
Stamp Something - April Showers
Cute Card Thursday - Weather Inspired

Totally Papercrafts - Springtime

Creative Card Crew - Spring

Stamp With Fun - Sketch


Recipe
Papers: April Freebie, Funky Hand
Image: Craft The Year Away CD Rom, Funky Hand
Sentiment: Computer generated
Colouring: I love you Copics
Tools: Flower Trio, Dei-Namics
Other: Button, Pearls & Twine from stash

26 comments:

Joey said...

Hiya Faye

this is gorgeous hun, fab colours :O)

Joey x

Vicky said...

Ooh...gorgeous hunni..great image and super duper colours too..

have a fabby day...hugs Vicky xx

Catherine said...

What a brilliant card Fluff ! I love those colours ! What a cute image too ! Have a lovely day Sweetie ! Hugs and love from Catherine

Grenouille Greetings said...

Love your bright umbrella with the coordinating stripey paper. Almost makes one wish for rain! Hugs, Lesley

Lindsey said...

OMG! Love it! Your colouring is FANTABULOUS! Just loving your work at the moment!
Linds x

Tracey T said...

Love the bright colours, Faye - they're perfect for the sentiment you've chosen. I'm with Linds - you're on a roll at the moment! Hugs, xx

Donna said...

This is totally fab Fluffster, love the rainbow colours and the perfect colouring :) Donna x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Fluff, what a beautiful card. I love the image and papers you've used. Thanks for joining in with our sketch challenge over at stamp with fun this week. Hugs, Denise x

Delphine said...

Hey there:-)! Fantastic card, Faye, and fabulous colouring! Mmmm... Copics... I love the paper you have used and those colours are really wonderful, brightening my dull day:-(... (PC problems still not solved!) BIG hugs Delphine xx

Loraine Arderne said...

Wow Faye, this card will certainly brighten any rainy day. Love the colours and textures.

DesigNeAl said...

Oh wow!! Fabulous colours and colouring! xx

jimlynn said...

Wonderful bright and cheerful colors! So cute.
Lynn

Margreet said...

awesome card, Fluffie, nice and bright colours...lovely and beautiful coloured image...love your style!
xxx Margreet

Allison said...

love the colours you used Faye- fab
AllisonX

Jane said...

Sheesh...Tell me about it...MOJO bank holiday...mines gone into retirement!!! Love yer card though xxx

Deb said...

beautiful card, love the image!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge!
Happy Crafting, Debxx

Poppit said...

Oh, adorable! Love your clever idea to emboss for the 'spots' part of the challenge. Also love the bright colours and that cute image. That's one cheery card! xx

Poppit said...

P.s I thought it was about time I showed my face on my blog! :-)

Patricia St Martin said...

Super Sweet card. So much wonderful color. Just love all those colors.

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Faye, I like the bright colours & the embossing.
Kevin xx

Do What You Love said...

Hello Fluff - I see you've been at it again - making those magnificent creations all perfect without a hiccup in sight! I love the blue with polka dots and what a gorgeous stamp. So is the one below that with the prettiest image! You have a load of great stamps girlie! I love the rainbow - great papers here and those cute flowers - love your image. you always ink them up so perfectly! ;-) Congrats on getting so many followers! I remember when there weren't so many but I knew once people caught on - they would never want to leave - like me! :-)

Denise @ kc242 said...

What a CUTE Spring card with wonderful details! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Creative Card Crew! I have blog candy that ends on the 18th if you are interested!
Denise
CCC-DT

Jo said...

Fabby card, fun, and bright and cheerful, perfect to brighten any rainy day :)

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

This is great Faye! Love the bright colors and the matching umbrella! Your coloring is very good! Adorable flowers too!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Faye :-) the image is brill and I love how you coloured the brolly to match the papers ,, fab fun card !! :-)

I had a similar day today ,,,,made a ughugh card too that looked fab in my head !!! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Totally Papercrafts Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Tracey T said...

What have I been telling you? I said you were on a roll and I love it when I'm right!!! Congrats on your success at Stamp Something! Mahoosive hugs xxx